Teams submitting an application for regionals may request the regional site they prefer to attend. To ensure the safety of all participants and protect the integrity of qualifying teams for competing at the next level (State Finals), the IHSDTA reserves the right to assign teams to a regional site.
Each team expecting to compete at the Regional Championships must comply with the following guidelines:
- Be a competing team in good standing with the IHSDTA.
- Teams with outstanding fees due to the IHSDTA or local invitational host must bring their account current before their regional application can be accepted by the IHSDTA.
- One Director from each team must have attended the Fall Conference
- Regional Application must be submitted by the deadline established by the IHSDTA. Beginning in 2013 Regional Applications must be submitted at Fall Conference
- High School teams or their solo or ensemble must have attended 3 local invitationals prior to regional competition
- Middle School teams or their solo or ensemble must have attended 2 local invitationals prior to regional competition
PRIVACY: To protect the privacy of our dancers no one is permitted to take photos or video at an IHSDTA event without a valid IHSDTA issued press pass. Failure to abide by this policy may result in your removal from the gym (WITHOUT REFUND), in addition to whatever other remedies are available by law.
Since 2003 the IHSDTA has awarded thousands of dollars in scholarships to
outstanding seniors from our membership schools.