The Indiana High School Dance Team Association Hall of Fame
One of the purposes of the IHSDTA is to recognize, honor, and award people in our profession, both past and present, who have made a lasting impact on the Indiana dance team community.
Nominees/recipients of the Hall of Fame award may be coaches, retirees, or judges. The person should have served at least fifteen years in the profession and have developed a successful dance team program at his/her level (college, high school, junior high school) and in his/her area (coaching, judging, etc.) The work of the nominee/recipient should also extend into the wider dance team community through activities such as teaching, mentoring, participating in coaches’ associations, consulting, and/or speaking. Hall of Fame inductees are dance team professionals who have had a profound impact on the development of dance team outside their immediate sphere of influence.
Hall of Fame Recipients Receive:
- Lifetime free admittance to all IHSDTA sanctioned competitions,
- A contemporary art design award presented at the annual state championship, and
- Accomplishments posted on the IHSDTA website and shared on social media sites. To nominate a person for the IHSDTA’s Hall of Fame, please complete the online nomination form which includes a written statement of no more than 500 words explaining why this person should be considered.
- In your comments below consider discussing how the nominee demonstrates:
- Articles the nominee has written (links can be included)
- Dance team events they have orchestrated or seminars/presentations they have given
- Assistance offered to coaches, administrators, and/or states to help grow their programs
- Policies, rules, or guidelines the nominee has written that impacted a large number of dancers/teams
- Coaches’ education programs the nominee has created or delivered that encouraged growth in coaches and forward motion of the dance team world
- Information about coaches who have “followed in their footsteps” and become coaches themselves
- Please also include links to profiles, articles, website, bio, and additional supporting documentation to provide ample information that shows the nominee’s impact on the wider dance team community.Details are important. Please compose your nomination as if the reader does not know the person.
- Nominations are due each year by December 31. A committee selected by the IHSDTA Board of Directors will review the nominations and notify inductees by February 1. The IHSDTA will induct recipients into the Hall of Fame at the IHSDTA State Championships.
Since 2003 the IHSDTA has awarded thousands of dollars in scholarships to
outstanding seniors from our membership schools.